One of my favorite recipes for the summer is Guacamole because is really easy, lots of fresh flavors, very healthy and very versatile as a side dish, meaning that can go with just about anything from tacos, any mexican dish to sandwich or burgers. This is a simple recipe, in 10 minutes you have a very tasty and chunky Guacamole.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion or white onions (I preffer red ones), minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 2 Tsp of Olive Oil
* Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
* Using a fork or a potato masher roughly mash the avocado. (The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
* Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt . Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness. Add the olive oil so the guacamole gets a nice texture.
* Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.
* Really cold tomatoes hurts their flavor, so don't chop the tomatoes or add to the guacamole until ready to serve.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
* Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it.
* Before serving, chop the tomato, add to the guacamole and mix.
I love a good Sancerre (Sauvignon Blanc) from France o Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand to pair this dish. Sauvignon Blanc has lots of acidity for tasty and creamy dishes like guacamole.
Here´s a good track. This is John de Sohn ft. Kristin Amparo, this song always put me in a really good mood. Eat and Drink. Cheers.
Follow me on twitter @davidesalegna